Now were not saying you can’t cut loose and enjoy the evening like you ought to, but you’ll want to make sure you can at least look at your family when it’s all said and done. Style is more than just what you’re wearing—it’s swagger, and you don’t want to go around sacrificing that.
Here are just a few do’s and don’ts when it comes to holiday family etiquette.
- Do bring a gift. We recommend something of the craft brew variety. Leave the domestics at home.
- Don’t talk to much about the gift you brought. That goes for yourself too—not everyone is as interested in yourself as you are.
- Do contribute to conversation—when appropriate. Pick your words wisely.
- Don’t ask, “Are you going to finish that?”
- Do participate in games. Avoid sulking at all costs.
- Don’t overreact if your team is loosing in said games.
- DON’T GET DRUNK! It may seems like great idea at the time, but this one is obvious. If it’s not obvious, don’t worry my young pa-da-won, you will soon understand the ways of swag.
So go forth, and have your self a good ol’ time.