Wear…if you’re manly enough.
Fall is the perfect time to dable in things outside your normal sartorial-style boundaries. And what better place to start then with a scarf? They’re a essential during unpredictable fall weather and easy to wear. Here are some basic rules to follow:
- Worry less about color and more about texture. Don’t get all caught up in what color scarf you should wear. Find one that feels good to the touch, and that’s not too thick. Light-weight fabrics, like cotton, are best during fall. Save wool for winter.
- If you are worried about color, grey and black will go with anything.
- Wear any scarf loose around your neck with layers, or tightened-up & tucked into your fall jacket.
- Wear them like you don’t care—because you shouldn’t. They’re there to keep you warm. That’s it really.
- Try to act like you don’t notice everyone staring at you because you’re wearing a scarf. Don’t worry, it’s a good thing.
It’s really not tough at all. Pretty soon, you’ll never want to leave home without one.
Photo by ENDER GÖÇMEN